As always please, please keep us posted of any news that we miss and help your brothers and other congregations out. TJI@TheJenkinsInstitute.com
FL/GA: Kyle Rye is moving to work with the church in Buford, GA. Therefore the Scenic Hills church is looking. This church is special to us as we have both held meetings and events there - but more so because this is the last place dad held a meeting. Scenic Hills is in Pensacola, FL. They are a congregation of 220+ members. Experience as a pulpit preacher is preferred, but not required for consideration. Please submit resume’s to firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants must be able to submit sample lessons, outlines and writings upon on request.
OK: Wayne Roberts will begin working with the Southwest Church in Oklahoma City. He and Tami will continue to conduct His Shoes Her Shoes marriage seminars. He will work with current ministry team of David Deffenbaugh and Darrick Shepherd.
GA: The Central church in Augusta is seeking an energetic and encouraging full-time Youth & Family Minister. Central is a diverse congregation with about 500 members, 4 elders, a very active youth group, and very active church body. Jeremy Hinote,who has been the Youth and Family Minister for 14 years will be transitioning from the youth role to a Family Involvement Ministry role there. This role’s candidate must be able to plan and organize various youth activities throughout the year, teach Bible class weekly, plan devotionals and service opportunities, plan trips and retreats, and more. He must have a desire to work under the authority of the elders in a team atmosphere and have excellent communication, relationship building, and organizational skills. The Central congregation has approximately 60 young people in grades 6-12 grades. The church has just finished a building project where they added a 750 seat auditorium and 6-7 additional classrooms. I (Dale) have a special love for this good church and her elders and ministers - they are A+! Contact Jeremy Hinote, 706-830-3229 or email@example.com for more information about the position.
GA: The Rose Hill Church of Christ, a congregation of 175 in growing Columbus, Georgia (near the Ft. Benning Army base and Phenix City, Alabama) is seeking a youth minister. The preferred candidate would have the following qualities.
1. A solid, demonstrable Bible knowledge.
2. Be a mature, motivated, energetic person capable of organizing trips, events, and activities. Maturity includes a work ethic having the ability to do work that is unsupervised, yet be willing to be accountable, punctual, and dependable.
3. A good communicator, both interpersonally and in a public/class setting.
4. Able to positively interact and connect with young people of all age, their parents, other staff members, and the membership at large.
5. Commitment to an attitude of family ministry. The candidate would, after all, be first a member of the body at Rose Hill, and a minister as well, assisting all members no matter what age.
6. The congregation is involved with and committed to the Lads2Leaders program. The candidate would either have previous experience leading/directing a Lads2Leaders program, have been an active participant in the L2L program himself, or if not, have the commitment, willingness, and ability to do so.
7. A four-year college/university degree or four years’ experience as Youth Minister, or a combination of the two.
Other desirable skills would be teaching classes for all ages, including adult, and occasional sermons/lessons for the congregation, and song leading. This person would be working as a staff member within the guidance and direction of the elders and alongside a minister and a secretary.
Please send resume, letter of philosophy, a list of references with contact information, and DVD of a class or lesson and any other pertinent information to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please visit their website rosehillchurch.com for more information.
TX: Michael Whitworth resigned his ministry position at Keller. He will not be moving and plans to remain as a member at Keller. This move will free him up to work with Start2Finish full-time. I can’t imagine that any of you are not familiar with Start 2 Finish, but if not check his work out at: https://start2finish.org/