Current scoops. Many of you are new to this list so a few things you need to know.
- Read backward: This is not a list that we post all of our scoops each time. So if you are looking or helping someone look. Look back 4 or 5 issues to get all the current stuff.
- Share: If you are praying that the congregation hires the right person (and you better be) then share what you know with others. The more people who know the better chance of them finding that “right person.” Send scoops to TJI@TheJenkinsInstitute.com
- If it not our goal of job to determine who is faithful and who is not. We have neither the resources or wisdom to do that. This is the “want ads” - you kick the tires yourself. We do not knowingly post churches looking that use IM in ANY of their worship services or that allow women to lead in worship. If you don’t like either of those stances feel free to create your own list.
- Even if you left a work and you think it is the worst place in the world with awful leaders and mean people - you surely agree they NEED someone to help them and want God’s Man to be there to try. So, accept that. We post things - we post difficult things. When dad died we posted that opening. When my best friend was fired we posted that opening. We post. Accept it.
- We love and appreciate corrections and updates. Thanks much.
TN: This scoop from Steve Baggett. The Old Union Church in Sumner County is looking for a full-time minister. In the interim, they want give some young preachers an opportunity to fill in. The former minister was there 16 years. They have about 200 on Sunday morning. Contact Jeff Green: (615) 866-7238.
FL: Reminder. Jordan Tatom sends this handy and (maybe for you) timely reminder. The Main Gate Church of Christ invites contacts with preachers looking to preach for them in exchange for several nights in a hotel in Kissimmee, FL. The owner of the hotel, a Christian, began this ministry to help ministers be able to afford vacations to Orlando. It's one exit away from Disney. The church meets at the hotel. The sponsoring church is Concord Church of Christ in Orlando, their elders oversee the work. Here is the link to share: http://maingatechurchofchrist.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=8
TN: The Granny White congregation is looking for a Children’s Minister. Education or ministry background. This is a salary-based position. Part of this roll will be Parent’s Day Out program on Tuesday and Thursday. This person will work nursery-6th grade getting teaching and coordinating children’s Bible hour. Contact James Lane at email@example.com.
VA: Mike Glenn preacher at the Seven Hills Church of Christ in Lynchburg writes that they are currently looking for a young man that might be interested in a two year internship to begin his ministry work. Or they would also love to accept a young minister that might be struggling with discouragement. Their program is called Lighting the Fire. It is not a school, but an opportunity to do all the work of a preacher with the help of an older man's guidance. You can read more about it sevenhillschurchofchrist.com. Contact Mike for more details or to apply - firstname.lastname@example.org.
TN: Chris Webb leaving his role as the Youth Minister at Graymere in Columbia. You can find out more about Graymere - http://graymere.com/
CA: The Canyon View Church of Christ in San Diego, CA, is searching for a youth minister. They have roughly 20 youth in the middle school & high school grades, and are active in a variety of ministries including an annual youth rally, summer Bible camp and outreach efforts. They want this man to encourage teens to see spirituality as a joy rather than a duty. He will teach Bible classes and lead devotionals as well as demonstrate lifelong personal learning and growth and model that behavior for the youth group. He will be expected to coordinate the program in conjunction with the Canyon View ministry team which includes elders and office staff. He will lead field trips, youth rallies and attend Bible camp. Send resume and a video explaining why you believe you would be a great candidate for this position to: CanyonViewYouth@gmail.com
TN: Jacob Hendrix scoops himself. He will be moving to Ashland City, TN to work as the Associate Minister at the Ashland City Church of Christ!
KY: This scoop from Tom Hall. The Mt. Pleasant Church of Christ in Bowling Green Ky. is looking for an Education/Youth Minister. If interested send any information to: email@example.com.
TN: Clarksville Christian School is looking for members of the church to fill the following positions: Guidance Counselor, Upper School Science Teacher, and Boys' Basketball Coach. They are also seeking to hire a Children's Ministry Director. Applications and resumes may be sent firstname.lastname@example.org. More information on all positions can be found at clarksvillechristianschool.org.
AL: North Alabama Christian Children’s Home is in immediate need of a faithful Christian couple to attend to the needs of their Boys Home. They also need help with 1-2 days relief work on weekends. These are paid positions. For more info contact Don Williams 256 366-3327 or Melinda Jackson, Social Worker, 256 757-4212. Applicants for future houseparents for their girls homes are always welcomed as well.
TN: The Ethridge church has hired Cody Harrington as their new youth minister. He will begin his work there on July 1 after his wedding to Chynna Helton June 24!
WA: The Port Angeles Church of Christ is looking for a full time preacher. They are a friendly congregation of 50 members located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. If interested, email Lowell Hardman for an application package. email@example.com
MI: The Swartz Creek Church of Christ in Michigan is looking for a Youth Minister. We currently have a membership of 265 plus. The congregation is led by 4 Elders and has 8 Deacons and a full time Pulpit Minister. If interested send a resume including references and a letter of introduction, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
??: A good church in a state other than TN is looking for a third man to fill the role of Involvement Minister/Evangelism Minister. They would consider an older man or a younger man. Contact Dale directly for details.
TN: The Greenback Church of Christ is currently seeking a full-time preacher/evangelist. Greenback, TN, is located in southeastern Loudon County in the central part of East Tennessee about twenty-five miles southwest of Knoxville, TN, and about twelve miles west of Maryville, TN. It’s a growing area - in January 2014, a beautiful new K-12 school opened its doors in Greenback. On January 22, 2006, the inaugural worship service for the Greenback Church of Christ was held in a renovated house at 6536 Morganton Road, located near the heart of Greenback. Since that time, the membership has grown from about 20 souls to 70 souls, and the “house” has been beautified and expanded to accommodate 120 worshipers. The work in Greenback is an on-going church-planting endeavor. There are many more details in this thought out church plant. If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please email a résumé with references, a video or audio file of an original sermon (a web link to YouTube or another interface will suffice), and an original written document (e.g. bulletin article or manuscript) to email@example.com. The deadline for submitting applications is June 17th, 2016.
AL: The Cherokee church is searching for a preacher. Rickey Collum was there nine years. The position is full-time but the church would consider a bi-vocational candidate as well. Attendance is 60 or so. The church provides a 3800 square foot home for the preacher. Contact one of the elders: Douglas Hargett - 256-810-0081, Larry Barnes - 256-810-6991, or you might want to contact - Rickey Collum, the outgoing preacher who can provide more information. 256-702-0240. P.O. Box 233 Cherokee, AL 35616
Here's a couple of parting shots. We at TJI offer a number of things for ministers. Most recently we have begun:
1. A monthly online magazine - On Preaching & Ministry. https://issuu.com/thejenkinsinstitute/docs/on_preaching_and_ministry__volume_1_b7e317cfca5784
2. Occasional fun video recordings of preachers talking about preaching. it's called Ministers and Mocha: You can watch it here https://vimeo.com/170163393
3. Weekly Preacher Polls. You can see the results and/or participate here: http://www.thejenkinsinstitute.com/institute-media-pages/survey-results-link/
4. Weekly shots in the arm for ministers: http://www.thejenkinsinstitute.com/4your-monday/
5. And a weekly podcast. Check it out here: http://www.thejenkinsinstitute.com/new-blog/
Many blessings to you all.