I don’t post NOTES to the Scoops often but sometimes we need reminders. Getting near the end of a year seems like a good times. So a couple of notes before we begin:
1. I’m sure I don’t know what I’m asking for but if you are ever looking for a work let me know - I can make no guarantees but I do keep a list of guys looking because sometimes churches don’t want it posted or want something direct from us.
2. As always: Listings here NEVER are an endorsement of a congregation or a work and certainly don’t assure the success of you at a work. We are the want ads - that’s all. We don’t purposely post churches that use IM or women in leadership roles in worship - outside of that - you are on your own.
3. Don’t ever assume we know of an opening or that an opening is too small for our list. We love helping good places - regardless. And if we get something wrong just remember: a. We are very human. b. This is voluntary are free :).
4. Often the posts we get a VERY long (one this week was 4 single spaced pages) - if you want to know more - we might. Just let me know. Frankly it is OFTEN hard to know how much or little to post.
5. As a proper name I capitalize the name church in proper names. i.e. the Main Street Church of Christ - not the Main Street church of Christ. When not a proper name I do not capitalize it: the church of Christ on Main Street - not the Church of Christ on Main Street. In the first case it is a matter of proper grammar. In the second it is a matter of not making the church of Christ a denomination. I know some of you don’t agree with that. If you feel that way theologically I understand - and the world won’t end over it - there are bigger issues in my opinion. Hopefully you can live past that issue - I know one guy who couldn’t about 10 years ago and demanded I take down his scoop if I would not post it as the _____ church of Christ. I did.
5. Finally: It is RARE that I use words like “faithful,” “sound,” etc. Not because I don’t like or believe in those words BUT because in reality the use of them is OFTEN subjective. So if I post words like that it may be (probably is) an extreme situation.
TN: The Northeast Church of Christ in Kingsport, Tennessee, is searching for a full-time Youth and Family Minister. They have approximately 175 members and 5 elders and a mission-minded. They have an active youth program with 45 children and teens with “strong elder, parent, and congregational support.” Interested? For details visit northeastchurch.org.
IA: The Central Church of Christ in Cedar Rapids, Iowa is looking for a preacher. Scoop to Gary Hampton. 130 members, 5 elders, great town listed at one of top 10 “small” cities in the US. For a full job description visit www.centralchurchofchrist.com. Interested? Send resume to: email@example.com. A Bible or ministry degree is required and previous experience is preferred. Contact: Marlene Miller Miller.firstname.lastname@example.org 319-294-2377.
TN: Beech Grove Church of Christ is looking for a part-time Pulpit Minister. They need a Minister that would speak on Sunday Morning, Sunday night and teach an adult class on Wednesday Night. John Hayes should be commended as their preacher the last 25-30 years. He is “retiring” - but will be available for fill-in work. They would like a minister that lives in the area and would be involved with the church. This work is growing in opportunities and wants someone that would desire to grow with them. They have a part-time Youth Minister. Currently they have between 70 and 85 for worship on Sunday Mornings. Website: http://beechgrovechurchofchrist.com. Address: 1382 Carters Creek PikeColumbia Tn, 38401Contact: Timothy McNeese, email@example.com, (615) 207-7460. Other Contacts: Eddie Hickman - firstname.lastname@example.org. Mark Bland - email@example.com.
PA: The Carlisle Church of Christ in Pennsylvania is looking for a preacher. They have great involvement and concern for one another. Carlisle Church of Christ. Scoop to Trae Durden. Find contact info on their page.
KY: The church in Stanford, Kentucky in in need of a preacher. About 40 in attendance. They do not have elders. Contact: Virgil Horseman phone # 606-365-7281.
TN: The Peytonsville Church of Christ outside of Franklin, TN is searching for a part time Bible Teacher/Children's Minister. Responsibilities include:
• Teaching Sunday AM/ Wednesday PM elementary age Bible classes (curriculum provided)
• Working with minister on a program focused on children and outreach to young families.
• Plan and oversee special events such as pewpackers, VBS, etc...
Male or female applicants welcomed. Experience working with young children. The Peytonsville church is 30 to 40 members and seeking to grow. Part-time (could be 8-12 hours a week). Submit your interest/personal information to Scott Bond at Peytonsvillechurch@gmail.com or contact by phone 731-415-7550. Scoop to Scott!
AL: Drew Manley is going to begin preaching for the Hodges congregation outside of Hamilton.
TN: The Eastwood church in Paris is looking for a preacher. Victor Eskew who has been the preacher is heading back to work with the Oceanside congregation in Florida where he has been before. You’ll find more about Eastwood http://www.eastwood-coc.org/.
NC: The Raleigh Church of Christ has asked us to repost their opening. They are looking for a full-time evangelist. They have anaverage Sunday morning attendance of 220. To learn more go to: www.rccapplication.com.
Ricky Kimbel is the new preacher at the Free Communion Church of Christ.
KS: The Eastpoint Church of Christ in Wichita is searching for a preacher. They have about 300 members and currently have 7 elders, fourteen deacons, a full-time outreach minister and a full-time youth minister. Wichita is the largest city in Kansas with a metro population of 638,000. It isranked #9 in the country by Movoto.com as "The best zip code to live.” Interested: send resume and a link to a video of a sermon to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IN: The Eastside Church of Christ in Terre Haute, Indiana is looking for a youth minister. They have about 235 members. The applicant must be solidly grounded and schooled in the scriptures, preferably through a Christian university or a missions program, exude passion and enthusiasm for the Lord’s work, and possess at least 2 years of prior youth ministry or missions background within the Churches of Christ. A status of married is preferred, but not required. Interested: Send your resume, and 3 letters of recommendation with their phone and email contact information to: email@example.com.
MS: The Lucedale congregation is looking for a minister. They are near in Southern MS about 45 minutes Northwest of Mobile. The website for the church iswww.lucedalecofc.com. They have about 50 on Sunday morning and are self supporting and offer salary plus a 3 BR home. They position will be available January 1. Contact: Ralph Tilton 601-947-3302 for more information.
GA: The Calhoun congregation is looking for a minister who will be a part of their Family and who loves the word of God. They want a man who will come and stay. They want a balanced man. They have elders and a school of about 165 children. Some demographics of the congregation is approximately 50% with college degrees (teachers, professionals, corporate management, etc…) and 50% blue collar – carpet factory workers. Their attendance is 125. Contact: Duvan Brock 770-548-3121. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TN: Will Tidwell has been the preacher the last several years at Una in Nashville and is going to teach full-time Bible classes at Ezell Harding Christian School. He will be chairing the Bible department, planning the chapel theme/service and running their enrollment services office. So, Una is looking. Learn more about them at: http://unachurchofchrist.com/
AL: The Rogersville congregation is looking for a Youth Minister. They have a very full description of what they are wanting. I would be happy to share it with anyone who wants it. You can contact them through their website: http://www.rogersvillecoc.org/
As always let me know if I missed anything.