As always, we do the best we can with these but can only help others as you provide us information. Let us know of any mistakes, additions, fills or openings. And share this with others who may not know of it. Also be sure to notice 4youR Monday (Renew, Refresh, Reboot, Reset). Be sure also to check out our newest book - “All I Every Wanted to Do Was Preach” and as of this morning this years audio files of BETTER: TN & TX are available for purchase.
IN: The Eastside Church of Christ in Terre Haute, Indiana is a diverse congregation of 235. They are looking for “a man of God to disciple our youth and teach them to be relevant Jesus followers.” The applicant must be solidly grounded and schooled in the scriptures. They would prefer he have degree from a Christian university or a missions program who has at least 2 years of prior youth ministry or missions background. A status of married is preferred, but not required. Salary is commensurate with experience. Send resume and three letters of recommendation with phone and email contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TN: The Mt. Juliet congregation is looking to fill a newly created position titled Children's Program Coordinator. The children's program consists of ages 18 month through 5th grade. The elders are open to filling this position with either a male of female. This person would work directly under the YM. Call or email with questions 615-758-2274 - email@example.com.
KY: The Glendale Road church in Murray, KY is looking for a preacher as Jason Hart is concluding his work there. For more information go to: http://www.glendaleroadchurch.org/
FL: The Sunset Church of Christ in Miami is looking for a youth minister. They have about 650 members with about 80 in 6th-12th grades. All of the teens speak English but this is a unique work in the sense that half of the adults primarily speak Spanish. Their motto is “one church with two languages”. You don’t have to speak Spanish to get the job but they ask that you be willing to be conversant within two years. Contact Don Viar at Minister Match via their website to learn more: http://www.MinisterMatch.com/Sunset.
TX: Deer Park Church southeast of Houston is searching for a full time Youth Minister/Song Leader. Applicants should have a degree in Bible from a university, Bible Institute or minimum of 2 years experience as a Youth Minister. He must be mature and tested in his faith. The ideal candidate for the position will be a married man. “The Youth Minister should be fully accessible to the youth and their parents and be willing to reach out to non-Christian youth and adults as a means to grow our youth program.” He must also be able to lead singing and have a willingness to grow into developing and coordinating worship services. Interested? e-mail your resume with references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CA/OR: Steve Maggiora is moving to Gold Beach, Oregon as the Evangelist/Minister for the church there. You can contact him at 916.396.5581.
LA: Sam Wilcutt has moved to being work with the Carriage Oaks congregation in Bossier City, LA. He was formerly with the Southwest church in Austin, TX.
Japan: Yokota Church of Christ Military Community Outreach, Yokota, Japan. Contact Joe Valletti at email@example.com. Since this is an unusual post here is the extended info they sent:
● Retired Military (Preferably a married couple). Physically able to climb stairs and walk approximately 2 miles a day. 3 letters from an eldership/Minister. Travel/remain in Japan during months of May-October (4-6 months) FLEXIBLE. Ability to both deliver engaging messages and teach one-on-one or group setting classes based on sound biblical doctrine.
● Greet military personnel upon arrival to new assignment to ensure those associated with the Church of Christ are invited to services/classes and also to work with non-affiliated persons as an outreach to preach the gospel. Advertise classes/services as possible in and around Yokota Air Base. Interact on a daily basis and to the extent possible (within Military regulations) with base personnel to encourage new members at Yokota Church of Christ. Work with the base Chapel to advertise services and classes. Lead class on Wednesdays and Sunday Mornings at least 2 weeks out of the month. Deliver a sermon at least 2 times a month. Generally work with the Yokota Military population to encourage church growth and personal spiritual growth and bible knowledge. If possible, develop either a gospel meeting or Vacation Bible School, or the base population to invite personnel to attend the classes/services. Work with non-Christian people in the Japanese community, as time permits, for English language study.
● $800 per month food stipend
● Airfare to and from Japan from the US for 2 individuals
● Living quarters at the Church Building (including a kitchenette and shower facilities)
● Two days a week downtime to explore Japan
WV: The Grand Central Church is looking for a:
First Focus Encourage the family at Grand Central to study God’s Word, grow in the Spirit, grow in love, mercy and grace, and in unity with each other.
Second Focus Encourage the family at Grand Central to share God’s love, mercy and grace, through interactions with those around us, and in service to others.
Education: Four year degree. Additional courses in Biblical studies.
Experience: Evangelism, ministry coordination, and small groups Grounded in God’s Word, prayer, and service
Evidence of studying and sharing God’s Word.
Character Traits: Humility. Likable. People person. Conscientious. Strong work ethic. Self - motivated.
Evangelism There are 3 parts to this ministry:
The candidate should display a desire to study God’s Word with those who are searching. He should constantly be looking for these opportunities. He should take others with him on studies and train others to teach one on one.
The candidate should display a desire to plan events to which members can bring family and friends.
The candidate should display a desire to plan service opportunities for the church where members can invite family and friends.
Ministry Coordinator Work with ministry leaders to develop focus and direction Encourage, train, and recruit leaders
Examine the need to eliminate or add ministries
Provide resources for ministries
Small Groups Oversee the small group ministry
Lead a community group
Encourage groups to meet on a consistent basis
Determine if new groups are needed Encourage leaders
Encourage members to be a part of community groups Involve new members in a community group
Be aware of what is being taught and provide subjects to be studied
Other Duties: Meet regularly with the elders to keep them informed Discuss with elders any changes in direction of ministry. Visit families, shut-ins and those in the hospital. Preach 6 times a year. Teach on regular basis. Perform weddings, funerals, etc., and other duties as assigned by the elders and/or as he sees fit.
TX: Robert Lukenbill, IIII is moving back to Kansas City at the end of October. He is leaving full time ministry and will be working in the technology field. This leaves an opening at the Central Church of Christ in Denison. He thinks a retired man or someone who has supplemental income would work best there.