HILLDALE CHURCH OF CHRIST YOUTH MINISTRY – JOB DESCRIPTION
1. The Youth Minister should have a degree in Bible or an educational equivalent with a primary emphasis in Youth Ministry.
2. It is our preference for our Youth Minister to be MARRIED.
3. We would prefer the Youth Minister to have a minimum of two years experience as a Youth Minister, Educator, or as an Associate Minister with at least some youth ministry experience.
1. Assure that our youth are taught the basic, sound, and fundamental principles of the Bible.
2. Maintain a youth program for all ages which will reach others and their families in the Clarksville, Ft. Campbell community.
3. Establish and promote special programs and activities that will contribute to the spiritual, mental, and social development of our youth and children of all ages.
4. Visit the families of each teenager until all teens have been visited in a personal way.
5. Participate in regular visitation efforts of weekly visitors to our congregation (especially visiting with families who have children that will be part of the youth program in any way).
6. Demonstrate leadership capabilities and interests by taking a regular leadership role in all areas of public worship: preach (as scheduled by the elders); lead singing; preside at the Lord’s Table; and lead prayer.
7. Conduct Chapel once a week for the Hilldale Christian Child Care Center, and the Clarksville Christian School as needed.
8. Maintain specific office hours. (These will be worked out and designated during the actual Youth Minister interview and hiring process.)
9. Communicate effectively weekly, monthly, and annually with the congregation via: weekly bulletin article; monthly calendar; email; and youth web page.
10. Be involved (when possible) in local school activities.
11. Involve parents and other members who are willing to help with overall youth program.
12. Maintain complete roll and status (attendance, baptism, etc.) for all grades. Follow up on absences with calls, visits, and cards.
13. Conduct and be involved with various annual retreats and Christian camps with specific themes and emphasis (Spring, Fall, Winter retreats - Also Father/Son & Mother/Daughter retreats, etc.)
14. Attend/Participate in annual Youth Rallies such as CYC (Pigeon Forge, TN) and Uplift (Harding University), Lads to Leaders and other approved programs.
15. Schedule devotionals as appropriate for the entire youth group.
16. Involve the youth in service projects regularly.
17. Be able to develop and lead an educational program for the entire congregation as needed and as directed by the Elders.
1. The elders will exercise final responsibility of hiring, retaining or dismissing the Youth Minister.
2. The Youth Minister will be under the direct supervision of the Elders, but will work closely in a “team” effort with other Hilldale Ministerial Staff, Youth Ministry deacon(s), Parents, and Other Adults who havengiven themselves to serve in Hilldale’s Youth Ministry.
3. The Elders will conduct an Annual Evaluation interview with the Youth Minister. This review will cover all facets of the Youth Ministry at Hilldale and may encourage improvement in some areas.
The Youth Minister’s salary will be commensurate with a person’s experience, education and duties.
VACATION And OTHER BENEFITS:
Vacation days, other “time off,” and other benefits will be discussed and worked out with the Youth Minister during the initial hiring interview and at each Annual Review date thereafter. Benefits would likely include such things as a designated housing allowance; Health Insurance; ½ match SSI or Regular Retirement Account Contributions; Business Expense Reimbursement Policy, etc.
The Youth Minister is expected to take a designated “day off” each work week. The specific day will be determined during the Youth Minister interview process.