So today my older son, Philip, was filming his segment of "Hashtag" (if you don't know about Hashtag - you need to) and I got to keep Lucas a while! So I couldn't help but show you a pic to get us started! Seems youth scoops are in season, with a few others scattered in:
1. Jonathan Jones let us know that their youth minister (Bert Paddock) resigned at Maryville. He will be going to work at Brentwood Hills in Nashville as the executive youth minister.
2. Jeremy Brown the youth minister at Gulf Shores, Alabama has resigned. You can find the church there on Facebook.
3. Brian Giselbach is leaving North Jackson congregation where he has been an associate to work with Wood Avenue church in Florence, Alabama.
4. Caleb Sampson scoops himself with the news that he will wrap up his work at Barker's Mill in Clarksville, TN to begin working with the Wheeler church in Texas. He helped plant the Barker's Mill church and would be happy to talk to anyone about the work there.
5. Bill Goodpasture who moved to Tennessee from Florida will begin preaching for the Stone church in Jackson County, TN.
6. Got word this morning that Neil Hillis who has been working with the Ashville Road church in Leeds, Alabama (just outside of Birmingham) for the last three years will be leaving there to continue his education toward a PhD at the University of Alabama. They will be looking for someone right away to fill their Youth Minister position, starting as early as June. Send resumed to firstname.lastname@example.org or to 1401 Ashville Road, Leeds, AL.
7. The Berry's Chapel Church of Christ in Franklin, Tennessee is searching for an associate minister for youth and children's education. To find out more about Berry's Chapel go to: www.berryschapel.org. Please send resumes and/or inquiries to email@example.com or Berry's Chapel Church of Christ 1777 Berry's Chapel Road Franklin, TN 37069
8. The Murphys Church of Christ in northern California has 15 members and is looking for a full time preacher. They report that they have no elders. The building holds 75 and is on the main highway. They can pay $1000 a month and hope that will increase. Contact: Ron Jenson - firstname.lastname@example.org 209 754-3270 for more.
9. Got this from the church in Waynesboro, Mississippi: Please continue to help us spread the word about seeking a new minister. Waynesboro, MS, southeastern Mississippi, is seeking to fill the pulpit. Congregation established in 1952. The congregation size consist of about 50-55 each Sunday morning with a weekly budget of $1,700. The population of Waynesboro is approximately 6,500 with the church building located on Hwy 145, North. The Waynesboro church has no elders or deacons. Salary Base of $40,000 + (Negotiable upon qualification/experience). 3 bedroom house in nice location provided. Those applying for this position should be well-rounded in all areas, a leader, and exhibit a desire to help the congregation to grow. The responsibilities of the minister should be considered traditional -- preaching and teaching, greeting and following up on newcomers, working to restore the unfaithful and visiting the sick and shut-ins. Contact: Terry Heathcock (after 6:00 PM) 601-735-2288 email@example.com. Greg Burns 601-315-0407. Jamie Heathcock 601-735-3014 or 601-410-5591 firstname.lastname@example.org. Send resumes to:
Waynesboro Church of Christ Preacher Search P. O. Box 94 Waynesboro, MS 39367
Consider yourself scooped! Let me know of corrections, additions, etc.