Time to clean up the old miscellaneous file: 1. TheJenkinsInstitute.com just turned one month old. In that month we had nearly 50,000 page views from 54 countries and a bit under 10,000 individuals. Thank you and help us spread the word.
2. Radicalism has no faithful children! Neither side of radicalism raises children who love their parents extremist ideologies or even "churches". That is why the roles of ultra progressive congregation are filled with the names of the children of radical conservatives and that's why the roles of community churches that do not even resemble first century Christianity are filled with the names of the children of radical progressives.
3. The outpouring of love and support and help shown to our friends in Alabama is moving. It seems every congregation I talk to has or is sending some sort of help. Thank you all. Daniel Courington of Roebuck Parkway has started a neat Facebook group called: The Church Connection. I encourage you to check it out. Here is Daniel description of it: "What is the Church Connection? The Church Connection is a place for Elders, Ministers, Youth Ministers, and Members of the Churches of Christ to connect needs to those who can fill the needs following the Tornadoes of April 27, 2011. There are many known needs and many people who can fill those needs. The problem is connecting those two together. Do you need a youth group to help clean up a yard or pack boxes? This is the place to come. Have a group of members who are hunting a place to serve? Here is where you can find a place. Are you looking for information about who is in need of furniture? This is the place to come. Are you looking for a place to be at work on site? This is the where to come to reach the most people possible. Have a 50 foot ladder or a 1000 watt generator that your not sure how to use? This is the place to find those answers."
4. At the end of each day God stood back and said “it is good” and then He did something bigger the next day!!! I remember a good brother a number of years ago who was constantly pushing for "what's next". He was an awesome leader and people loved to follow him. But when he got what he wanted he could never step back and take a deep breath and say "it's good". People got tired of following him for he seemed more a malcontent than like God. God stepped back often and said "It's good." But He wasn't a one issue being - He rested and then the next day did something bigger and better!
5. Ministry 401 - "Never put someone over a program of work just because they complain or don't like the way it is being done". Apparently it seems to make sense, for I've seen it done for many years, but it is a fail! Typically what happens is you kill the program and the people involved run from the new one.
6. Is it Osama or Usama? And why isn't there uniformity on it?
7. Funny Woody Allen quote: “I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it by not dying.” Sorry Woody, it won't work.
8. Pretty awesome quote from Bill Hybels: "The pace at which I was doing the Work of God was killing the Work of God in me.”
9. And one more quote: “Every turn of the spade has furnished corroborative evidence of the minute truthfulness of Scripture history.” Archibald Sayce, world-renowned archeologist.